Nyst Legal is recognised as one of Queensland’s leading criminal and regulatory law firms.Whilst we have been based on the Gold Coast for the past four decades we have always practised extensively in all Brisbane courts, as well as those in other metropolitan and regional centres throughout Queensland and New South Wales.
We have now established a presence in the Brisbane CBD at Level 27, Santos Place, 32 Turbot Street, Brisbane, to service and build on our Brisbane-based clientele, particularly in criminal and regulatory matters.
Much of our work in crime/regulation comes by way of referral from fellow practitioners who either choose not to practise in these specialised practice areas or feel conflicted from acting for a given client (particularly in light of the recent comments of the former President of the Court of Appeal in R -v- Pham  QCA 43 at  ). Our Brisbane CBD presence will provide a more convenient venue for Brisbane-based practitioners to confidently refer their clients to our experienced team of solicitors in a timely manner.
Our expertise in Criminal/Regulatory Law covers the full range of such work, from minor traffic breaches and summary criminal offences to major State and Federal criminal investigations and prosecutions on indictment, and also includes:
• Coronial investigations
• Royal commissions and commissions of inquiry
• ASIC, ACC, CCC, WHS, EPA, ACCC and similar investigations
• Racing and other sporting tribunal inquiries
• Domestic Violence and other Protection Order applications
• Judicial review proceedings
• Crime confiscation proceedings
• Professional disciplinary proceedings
• International extraditions